THE NARRATIVE AND POLITICAL CORRECTNESS


Threats to freedom of speech, writing and action, though often trivial in isolation, are cumulative in their effect and, unless checked, lead to a general disrespect for the rights of the citizen. -George Orwell

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WINNING: OBAMA'S APPROVAL RATING PLUMMETS!!



AP poll: Obama at 37% approval
Readers have to get halfway into the Associated Press report on its new AP-GFK poll to find this out, but Barack Obama's job approval numbers have cratered in the shutdown.  His overall job approval is now 37/53, and a majority want Obama to start cooperating more with Republicans, as 63% want Republicans to meet Obama part-way, too:
Americans are holding Republicans primarily responsible for the partial government shutdown as public esteem sinks for all players in the impasse, President Barack Obama among them, according to a new poll. It’s a struggle with no heroes. …
Most Americans disapprove of the way Obama is handling his job, the poll suggests, with 53 percent unhappy with his performance and 37 percent approving of it. Congress is scraping rock bottom, with a ghastly approval rating of 5 percent.
Indeed, anyone making headlines in the dispute has earned poor marks for his or her trouble, whether it’s Democrat Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, or Republican John Boehner, the House speaker, both with a favorability rating of 18 percent.
Only 30% approve of raising the debt ceiling, clean or otherwise.  And despite the best (that is to say, most malicious) efforts of the National Parks Service, more than 80% have had no impact from the government shutdown.  That's not exactly the kind of momentum Obama and the Democrats hoped to generate for pressure on Republicans, and their "no negotiations" stand is practically designed to backfire...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I'm new to this but don't want to lose your blog, how do I stay connected to it so I can find it again? Twitter feed led me here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin! Thanks so much for visiting and I'm glad you like what you see. Since you found it on Twitter, the blog link is also in my Twitter profile. If you follow me there I'll followback.

      Delete
  2. Oh, we're following each other, I just wanted to know when you make new posts, how I would find out, and with so many twitter feeds, I feel like I miss a lot of good comments...my twitter is @K_4_Fit for when you post again, like all the pics!

    ReplyDelete