THE NARRATIVE AND POLITICAL CORRECTNESS


Threats to freedom of speech, writing and action, though often trivial in isolation, are cumulative in their effect and, unless checked, lead to a general disrespect for the rights of the citizen. -George Orwell

Thursday, April 4, 2013

CARREY RUNS CRYING TO HUFFINGTON POST



He's the clown who called gun rights supporters "heartless motherfuckers."  He's the douchebag who used his media pals to promote a song attacking the late Charlton Heston, who conveniently is unable to defend himself. He foolishly attacked Fox News, the only television outlet which dares to add conservative voices to the media mix.

Now he's feeling misunderstood and abused.  This is typical proglodyte behavior: Attack, attack and attack some more, then sob hysterically when the victims of your attacks start fighting back and hitting even harder.  So he turns to HuffPo, begging for sympathy:
For those who say I'm a hypocrite because I have an armed bodyguard, lets make one thing clear: No one in my employ is allowed to carry a large magazine and NO ONE IS ASKING ANYONE TO GIVE UP THEIR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, though it is in the vested interests of those who profit by gun sales to make it seem so. It's just the type of arms, the easy access and the means with which to cause massive devastation to good and innocent people that I hope we can limit. It's the quality of mercy, the tiniest spark of empathy that I know lives in every one of us that I wish to ignite in you.
And to the bullies who will try to marginalize and discredit me by saying, "Shut up, you're just an actor," while they brag about what a great president the ACTOR Ronald Reagan was, who threaten me with the demise of my acting career and much worse, I say SO BE IT! How shallow do they think I am? I would trade my money, my fame, my reputation and legacy if there were the slightest chance of preventing the anguish of another Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, or Sandy Hook Elementary School. I ask you, truly, what manner of human being would not?
I have been aghast at the level of hatred heaped upon me, my family and the people I work with over a mere difference of opinion on this issue. Perhaps my words were a bit harsh at the onset, but calling someone a "Motherfucker" is far different than wishing them to die. It is shocking to see this concerted effort to brutally intimidate anyone who speaks of a compassionate compromise.
These thugs, though menacing, are a minority but they will have their way if good people don't step forward now and make a difference. Every American has the right to speak their mind. Every American has the right to bear arms. But it is up to every American to draw the line when it comes to the type of guns that are considered a reasonable means of self-defense.
First of all, it's not gun manufacturers or the NRA that scares gun owners, it's politicians like Dianne Feinstein, Joe Biden and Michael Bloomberg who do that.  They are aided and abetted by Hollyweird liberal hypocrites like Carrey.  Of course, he's only trying to reach that "tiniest spark of empathy" inside all of us "heartless motherfuckers." So, gee whiz, why is everybody so mad?

I love how he dares compare himself to Ronald Reagan who, by the way, stopped being an actor and entered the world of politics, not as a dilettante like Ashley Judd but as a serious advocate of reform.  When Jim Carrey gets elected governor and then president of the United States then maybe he'll have more credibility. 

As for the death threats, we only have his self-serving complaints to go on.  If he thinks he's been genuinely threatened then let him go to the authorities.  I'm not holding my breath waiting to hear about that, though.  Pretending to receive "death threats" is a technique straight out of the left-wing nutjob handbook; even for those who already have armed guards to protect them.

As I always say, these clueless, hateful hypocrites can never be allowed to go unchallenged when they willingly abandon the civility that they themselves demand of others.  They only have the money to pay their handlers and bodyguards because we the people patronize their films.  These self-absorbed, self-deluding freaks will not be allowed to insult us without consequences.  We won't be silenced, shamed or intimidated.  Now that his lame attempts to troll the American people have failed, I want to offer him one last piece of advice: Don't ask "How shallow do you think I am?" ever again.  I guarantee you won't like the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment